PlatON Bi-Weekly Report, 3.1–3.15 2021: PlatON continues to advance the MPC project in Ether 2.0 at the invitation of the Ether Foundation
The development of the main network version is completed and under testing, scheduled to be launched in the second quarter.
The main network version of the mobile wallet ATON has completed its development and is under functional, stability and performance testing, which is scheduled to be released in the second quarter. The version has added the following new contents:
- ATON appearance change;
- Android auto-update bug fixed;
- Underlying chain main network version adapted;
- ATON console added.
The main network version of the blockchain browser PlatScan has completed its development and is under functional, stability and performance testing, which is scheduled to be released in the second quarter. The version has added the following new contents:
- Underlying chain main network version adapted;
- Token ARC 20 updated to PRC 20.
The main network version of the validator management tool is under testing and scheduled to be launched in the second quarter.
Note: peripheral tools will complete their use-case reviews in the first half of this month and code reviews are due in the second half of the month.
PlatON continues to advance the MPC project in Ether 2.0 at the invitation of the Ether Foundation
Last April, PlatON completed the design of the secure multi-party computation algorithm in the Ether 2.0 Proof of Custody solution and implemented the first phase of codes. Since then, PlatON has been in close communication with the Ethernet Foundation. At the invitation of the Foundation, PlatON will soon start a new phase of research and development to enhance the security of the MPC project in the Ethernet 2.0 standard.
PlatON, ChainX, and PolkaWorld established comprehensive strategic cooperation to draw a blueprint for PlatON’s ecological development
PlatON, ChainX, and PolkaWorld will conduct all-round cooperation, including application ecology, validator construction, community operation, technical cooperation, etc. ChainX will also serve as a bridge between PlatON and Polkadot ecology, connecting the two ecologies to achieve mutual integration and interoperability.
Alaya Development Network Goes Live for Developers
PlatON meta-network has been live for nearly half a year. To better serve Alaya developers and facilitate developers to develop and test in Alaya ecology, Alaya Development Network was officially launched on March 12, and the ATP testing is available for application.
Community members actively contribute to the establishment of PlatON’s main network preparation working groups
Since March 4, when the recruitment plan for the main online preparation groups was released to the whole community, the response from the community has been active and the registration for each preparation working group has been enthusiastic. At present, all preparation working groups for the main website have been founded in succession.
PlatON community preparation working group held its first working meeting online to promote community building in a multi-dimensional manner
On March 9, the first working meeting of the community preparation working group was held online with all founding members present. At the meeting, a lively discussion was conducted on the comprehensive promotion of community building, and the expansion of the scale of the community and the influence on the industrial community. In addition, an action plan for future development was agreed upon and immediately carried out.
Diverse technical talents contribute to Platon’s technology development and planning
On March 8, the kick-off meeting of the Technical Preparation Working Group was held online, with all founding members present. At the meeting, the development and planning of the PlatON technology were fully discussed, and a preliminary action plan was formulated.
On-chain privacy capabilities
- Completed smart contract development and self-testing (MiMC hash algorithm contract, MerkleTree contract)
- Completed the development of the Randao random number contract and Pederson commitment and were under self-testing
- On March 5, 2021, aitos.io CEO Lin Yao was invited to participate in the “PSA Certified IoT Security Best Practice In China” themed roundtable forum at the embedded world2021 DIGITAL, where Lin and industry experts from PSA Certified, Arm China, InGeek Cyber Security, and CAICT, discussed the demand raised by IoT applications for security authentication and solutions and shared the practice of security solutions for IoT + blockchain fusion innovation applications powered by BoAT.
- Recently, aitos.io and Telefónica, S.A. have started a PoC collaboration to integrate Telefónica’s TrustOS product with aitos.io’s BoAT blockchain application framework for innovation. The success of this PoC project showed that Telefónica’s decentralized blockchain service fully supports access to all kinds of IoT devices with built-in BoAT, and the data powering IoT devices can be authentically imported into the TrustOS network based on TrustID digital signature, bringing additional proof of authenticity for more project extensions in the future!