PlatON Global Developer Ambassador (Computator) Program (2022)
Along with the release of the PlatON 2.0 whitepaper, PlatON has officially entered the 2.0 era as a decentralized privacy-preserving AI network.
Combining blockchain and privacy-preserving computation technologies, PlatON is building a decentralized and collaborative AI network and global brain to drive the democratization of AI for safe artificial general intelligence.
Backed by the LatticeX Foundation’s Computator Fund, the PlatON Global Developer Ambassador Program has officially started its recruitment to allow developers from all regions to join the building of a “smart network” and expand the protocol’s global influence and recognition while achieving its mission. Your help will be key to PlatON’s growth in local developer communities.
Our Ambassador Program
The PlatON Global Developer Ambassador Program aims to identify PlatON-loving technology and ecosystem leaders for the protocol’s open-source community. If you wish to become a PlatON Global Developer Ambassador, we expect you to be familiar with PlatON and recognize our mission. Meanwhile, PlatON Ambassadors should popularize PlatON’s technological concepts in local markets with great passion and encourage new developers and companies to contribute to the building of the PlatON ecosystem.
What We Can Offer
As an official PlatON Ambassador, you could get:
- Funding support: You could get performance-based incentives and allowances, as well as a budget for community building.
- Extensive access to PlatON: You will have a chance to work with PlatON’s key developer team, receive product & technology training, and get deeply involved in the development of PlatON’s core protocol.
- Developer community governance: An outstanding Ambassador could participate in the governance of PlatON open-source technology community as its maintainer and become a member of the Project Management Committee (PMC).
- Support for project incubation: Ambassadors enjoy priority access to PlatON’s support for project incubation. At PlatON, you could facilitate the implementation of various creative insights as a key player.
At PlatON, you will get a rewarding experience. While meeting strong partners and building personal networks, you’ll be one of the first pioneers to witness the birth of a “smart network”.
Ambassador Levels & Upgrade Mechanism
There are four Ambassador levels, which are determined according to each Ambassador’s competence and contribution, and each level comes with a unique scope of ecosystem participation, as well as different benefits and rewards.
Once an Ambassador reaches the required period for upgrade, we will assess whether he/she could be upgraded to a higher level depending on his/her work hours, competence, output, and performance.
Ambassador Tasks could be formulated and executed depending on their own resources and competence. For instance, Ambassador Tasks could include the following:
- Build and manage local developer communities
Build local developer communities and recruit active and insightful developers.
Keep the community active by promoting exchanges and discussions; offer technical support for the community.
Unlock the full potential of the community, encourage members of the community to contribute to PlatON, motivate the development of privacy-preserving applications, and provide suggestions for improving PlatON’s technology and ecosystem.
- Conduct technical talks and community-based education campaigns
Develop a full understanding of PlatON, summarize the features and concepts of PlatON’s core technology, study the latest technological advancement in the crypto world, offer segment-specific solutions for PlatON, create valuable and appealing content for promotion and education.
Work with local universities, organizations, communities, and media agencies for community education and promotion.
Identify potential partners in the local market, build partnerships, and promote the adoption of PlatON.
Participate in activities that promote PlatON’s ecosystem growth, take part in local developer contests/hackathons on behalf of PlatON, and speak up for PlatON at developer conferences, workshops, and gatherings.
Host regular tech podcasts to share PlatON’s latest technology and ecosystem progress with the community, analyze PlatON’s core technologies and products, promote its latest announcements and events, and study popular trends, state-of-the-art technologies and applications, etc.
- Contribute to the building of PlatON’s infrastructure
Improve existing tutorials and documents and have them translated into the local language to help developers better understand PlatON.
Provide the necessary and available development tools for all types of PlatON developers, produce the relevant technical documents and videos, development tutorials, examples, solutions, etc.
Contribute to protocol development, technical analysis & discussion, as well as the improvement of product experiences, tests, etc.
- Organize developer events
Organize local developer training, meetup, and other events, such as tech talks, AMAs, etc.
Organize local hackathons/developer contests, identify and incubate outstanding PlatON-powered projects.
- Contribute to the design of PlatON’s technology stack and its research on key technology
Track the research and theories on the latest technology concerning PlatON, study their applications, and prepare and share the relevant reports.
Assist in the research, discussion, and POC design of PlatON’s technology stack and ecosystem map, and promote the implementation of PlatON technology roadmap on an ongoing basis.
Familiar with PlatON, and recognize and get self-motivated to promote its vision and values.
Keen on data privacy, with an emphasis on the preservation of data privacy.
A tech expert in a certain field who is passionate about new technologies and concepts, with the hacker spirit and strong learning capacities.
A self-driven and dedicated developer who excels at execution, communication, and coordination.
Proficiency in spoken and written English.
How to Apply
- All candidates are encouraged to learn about PlatON before submitting an application
- To understand PlatON, one should start from the PlatON2.0 whitepaper, the whitepaper on privacy-preserving computation, and the developer documentation.
- Candidates should learn how to develop and deploy a contract on PlatON.
2. Join the PlatON community to get the latest news
3. Submit the application form for the PlatON Global Ambassador Program
Application link: https://forms.gle/xSNf7d4tmiDekJWV6
4. Once a candidate passed PlatON’s review, he/she should go through a short interview.
After an application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the LatticeX Foundation and the PlatON core developer team, which generally takes 7 workdays.
Candidates who passed our initial screening will have to go through a short online interview.
5. Get started with Ambassador Tasks as an Intern Ambassador
Candidates passing the interview will become Intern Ambassadors upon successful KYC authentication and go through a 21-day internship, during which time Intern Tasks will be assigned. A qualified Intern Ambassador will officially become an Entry Ambassador. In the following stages, you could complete more Ambassador Tasks to upgrade your level. A higher Ambassador level means more rewards and benefits.
6. Apply for an upgrade at quarterly meetings
Ambassadors are required to submit by-weekly performance reports that contain their key results and performance measure, work content, and plans for the next two weeks.
At the PlatON Developer Ambassador meeting held every quarter, Ambassadors will report their progress, achievements, and performance measure, suggestions and feedback, as well as the need for PlatON support. Also, the meeting will assess Ambassadors’ upgrade application.
Incentives for PlatON Global Developer Ambassadors cover 2 parts: Base Salary + Contribution Reward. In particular, different Ambassador levels correspond to different base salaries, which are the reward for Ambassadors’ daily efforts in the building, maintaining, and managing PlatON’s developer communities. The base salary is will be available once you become an Ambassador.
As a PlatON Ambassador and a member of the PlatON ecosystem, all contributions to PlatON developer community and its ecosystem growth will be noted through rewards in addition to the base salary.
Rewards are offered for contributions including but not limited to the following:
- PlatON Ambassadors face quarterly performance appraisals. For ambassadors who failed to meet the relevant criteria, the Foundation may suspend their incentives.
- The Foundation will determine specific Ambassador Reward based on the bi-weekly reports submitted by Ambassadors. The Foundation reserves the right to approve or reject any submission from Ambassadors.
- The Ambassador Incentive is settled once a month, with the relevant statistics confirmed before the 5th of each month, and the distribution completed within 10 subsequent workdays.
- The Foundation reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions of the Ambassador Reward Program as it deems appropriate.
We are convinced that data is our most fundamental and crucial “inherent right” in an era of the digital economy. Challenges such as the protection of data privacy and sovereignty, the promotion of data circulation, the creation of data-based value, and the facilitation of collaborative computation are beyond the reach of any single individual or organization. This is why we are asking you to join us, starting from this moment!