PlatON Monthly: September
01 — Technological Progress
(1) PlatON 1.3.0 has been developed and now supports delegated locking; the double ChainID proposal Phase 2.5 (EVM returns the new ChainID) has been implemented; the internal functionality verification test of version 1.3.0 has basically been completed, and the parallel testnet verification is in progress;
(2) The subsequent plan covering all EIPs that require forking for Ethereum’s Berlin and London upgrades has been drafted, and the technical analysis is in progress;
(3) aton1.1.7v: The development progress of delegated locking has reached 70%;
(4) aton1.1.8v: The development progress of delegated locking has reached 100%, and the new feature is to be verified; the HashkeyDID special version of aton1.1.7 is now live;
(5) PlatScan version 1155 has been launched; the new version mainly adds adaptability to 1155 contracts;
(6) A new version of PlatScan that supports delegated locking has been developed and is now under testing.
The testing of Ledger version 2.0 has been completed; the updated version, which mainly features functions like delegation and staking, is already listed (the developer model).
Privacy-preserving Computation Network (Datum Network)
(1) The functionality test of datum 0.5.0 has been completed; with the new version, users can issue NFT certificates, try out the consumption mode for computation tasks, release and use plaintext data, and apply to become a trusted organization;
(2) The development network of datum 0.5.0 has been deployed;
(3) The design of datum 0.5.1’s request message optimization and architecture adjustment has been completed; the relevant interfaces are under development;
(4) The architecture design of datum 0.5.1 has been completed, and the relevant interfaces are under development; Optimization: 1) The RPC interface now features public/private usage; 2) New workflow messages have been added.
(5) The new official website has been verified and deployed.
02 — PlatON News
【PlatON Validator Incentive Program Now Live】
PlatON has officially kicked off the PlatON Validator Incentive Program for mainnet validators. The program will assess validators’ contribution to the mainnet, node reliability, and stability and offer contribution rewards and long-term incentives to the eligible validators, with a focus on validators with a high block yield, a large staking volume, and long-term stability.
The incentive program will be carried out in three phases (TBC) over a one-year period, with a reward pool of 4,000,000 LAT for Phase 1, and the reward amount will be adjusted according to the development status of PlatON. In addition, the LatticeX Foundation will announce the winning validators and the reward amount within one week after each assessment, which will be conducted once during every Phase. The rewards will be distributed within 10 days after the announcement.
【PrivacyIN Recruits Participants for the Second Camp】
You can now sign up for the second camp of PrivacyIN, which started recruiting participants on September 16, 2022. The courses feature Xiao Wang, Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Northwestern University, Haiyang Xue, Research Assistant Professor at FinTech Academy and Department of Computer Science, the University of Hong Kong, and Kyle Song, Chief Product Officer of the LatticeX Foundation. Focusing on Secure Multi-Party Computation (MPC) and Threshold Signature (TSS), the camp will select a small group of participants (no more than 20) through rigorous assessments, and promising projects could get incubation funding from Prizes and Grants.
PrivacyIN (Privacy Institution), founded by the LatticeX Foundation, strives to build an open community for preaching and studying cryptography and privacy-preserving technologies. The institution works with top scholars and developers who focus on privacy-preserving technology to promote the innovation and implementation of ZK (Zero-Knowledge Proof), MPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation), and FHE (Fully Homomorphic Cryptography) in the field of Web 3.
03 — Ecosystem Collaboration
Encentive Officially Joins the PlatON Ecosystem
On August 31, 2022, Encentive officially joined the PlatON ecosystem and received a grant from the LatticeX Foundation to apply Encentive’s turn-key and multi-chain dApp building platform to user tools and interoperability development for LatticeX’s PlatON network. The user tools and interoperability initiative with PlatON is a critical extension of Encentive’s Web3 OS. Meanwhile, Encentive will also add momentum to PlatON’s mission to achieve the free circulation of data assets around the world.
PlatON and Ms-meta.HK Establish Strategic Cooperation to Expand the Application Scope of the Metaverse
Ms-meta.HK announced a strategic partnership with PlatON. By utilizing PlatON’s cutting-edge privacy-preserving technologies, Ms-meta will be able to offer users high performances of security, privacy protection, and scalability when they trade NFTs, socialize, and run businesses on Ms-meta. Through technical integration, PlatON will expand its application scenarios in the metaverse.
PlatON Establishes Strategic Cooperation with the Web3.0 Full-stack Development Platform ParticleNetwork
Particle Wallet has joined the PlatON ecosystem. Together, the two will cooperate in cutting-edge wallet tech, privacy-preserving computation, etc.
PlatON Partners up With NFT Marketplace Metamirror and Joins MBuddy
PlatON has officially partnered up with Metamirror and joined MBuddy. MetaMirror is a fully-fledged NFT marketplace on the Emerald chain. PlatON and MetaMirror will explore Web3 together.
Dtools Officially Supports PlatON
This month, Dtools is officially available on PlatON. The two will work together to improve the PlatON ecosystem and the interoperability between them. Dtools (Decentralized Tools), a next-gen Web3 ALL-IN-ONE tool, supports all major operating systems, including MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android. Additionally, it also provides a wide range of functional modules and a unique plug-in ecosystem based on decentralized technologies.
Coinhub Officially Integrates with PlatON
On September 19, Coinhub, a decentralized multi-chain wallet, has been upgraded to version 2.6.3. The new version integrates the Ethereum fork chains ETHW and ETF, as well as public chains that include ETC and PlatON.
Web3 Social Networking Infrastructure Relation Joins PlatON
This month, Web3 social networking infrastructure Relation has officially integrated with PlatON. PlatON users can now experience Web3 social networking services in Relation ONE and check and display their LATs and PlatON NFTs after creating the user ID and adding the PlatON address with LATs.
PlatON, initiated and driven by the LatticeX Foundation, is a next-generation Internet infrastructure protocol based on the fundamental properties of blockchain and supported by the privacy-preserving computation network. “Computing interoperability” is its core feature. By building a computing system assembled by Verifiable Computation, Secure Multi-Party Computation, Zero-Knowledge Proof, Homomorphic Encryption and other cryptographic algorithms and blockchain technology, PlatON provides a public infrastructure in open source architecture for global artificial intelligence, distributed application developers, data providers and various organizations, communities and individuals with computing needs.