Upgrade Notice of PlatON New Baleyworld Test Net 0.12.0 for a More Stable and High-Performing Infrastructure
Dear PlatON fellows,
We will upgrade PlatON new Baleyworld test net to be v0.12.0 on May.8, 2020, to reset the whole PlatON underlying chain. During the upgrade, all services including test net, PlatScan, ATON, etc. will be suspended.
Effect after the Upgrade；
1. PlatON underlying chain and supporting tools may not be able to response during the upgrade, we will let you know once it’s resumed;
2. After the upgrade, the underlying chain of PlatON is a whole new chain, on which all info including wallet balance, transaction info will not be reserved any more. You can get test LAT to continue from faucet after the network is resumed;
3. After the upgrade is finished, you can upgrade ATON to the latest v0.12.0. If the original version is earlier than 0.10.1, you should uninstall it and then install the latest version.
4. If you need to uninstall the ATON and keep the original wallet address, please export the private key of your wallet address first, and then import it after the installation is finished. Also, you can choose to generate a new wallet address.
5. If you’ve deployed a test net validator and applied for the test LAT for staking, you can offer us your staking address via email or the validator WeChat group. We will send you the test LAT for staking again.
For those users who have won the LAT rewards that will be issued along with the announcement of PlatON main net, please keep your account addresses and the private key info registered before. This is the only confidential to receive LAT rewards.
Detailed Schedules about the Upgrade
1. Suspend all PlatON services and clear all data on May.8, 2020, 9:30–10:30
2. Deploy PlatON network and initialize the chain on May.8, 2020: 10:30–11:30
3. Deploy ATON and PlatScan on May.8, 2020, 11:30–14:00
4. Verify ATON and PlatScan on May.8, 2020, 14:00 — May.9, 2020, 11:00
For Users and Validators:
1. Download ATON from PlatON official website, recover your wallet or generate a new one;
2. For validators, please clean all historical validator data, upgrade the binary and then restart it;
Note: We will share the upgrade guide on our official forum and validator groups after the upgrade of PlatON new Baleyworld test net.
3. If you have any questions or need help during upgrade, please contact us via:
* Validator Gitter room: https://gitter.im/PlatON_Network/Welcome
* the validator WeChat group
* Email to: email@example.com
Note: don’t forget to finish the node deployment before May.12, 2020
1. modified the chain ID to be 102;
2. Optimized the features, for more details, please refer to: https://forum.latticex.foundation/t/topic/2430